Wishing we weren't the strong ones...

This is not a reference to what we have been through in the last 10 1/2 months as much as it for all those we know who are struggling right now. Also for those we don't know that have silent struggles.

Today at work I found out that a Co-workers wife died last night, after 3months of battling Cancer, yes you read right 3 months from diagnosis to death. Click on our Favorite blog Fat Cyclist and his wife is not doing so well either. Story after story unfolded today IRL and in blogger land. I heard the same comment over and over. "They are a strong family, they will be ok."
I know now that it takes strength, more then you thought you had, more then you thought could be given to you to make it through tragic, painful circumstances that life brings. Somedays though you look around, and yes just from the Outside looking in it seems that many lead a peaceful blessed life. Does that mean they lack the strength? I doubt it, but if so maybe I'd be ok being one of them, and our pain pales in comparison to many.
No matter the reason today I just kept thinking of my favorite verse from childhood. I can't even remember why it became my favorite, its has just always stuck with me.

John 14:27

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.


Now if I can just remember that Gods' definition of peace is different from that of the our culture., then maybe I will make it through tomorrow.

And for three little girls that just lost their mother, please send all your prayers.

Comments

Popular Posts