Friday Fun



Two weeks ago our Adoption Agency held their yearly family picnic. I was apprehensive, especially when I realized 300 people would be attending and we have only met a handful of couples. Instead of finding some of excuse of a reason not to go, I kept telling Caila how much fun it would be and eventually convinced myself of the same.


And I am so glad we did. Over 300 men, women and children who know about the journey we are on.

Every ones is unique, but still they have walked it, or are walking it. We learned so much that day, much of which I will share over the coming weeks.


One important item we will share with you today. Fundraising for adoption. We have talked about it before but just haven't been interested. I'll be honest in some ways it feels awkward to do this. Until I spoke with families who have and the great success they have had with it. Pancake Breakfasts, Spaghetti Dinners, Raffles, etc. Two really stood out to me: #1 An adoption yard sale- seems easy right? Hold your traditional garage sale but ask friends and family to donate things they want to get rid of but don't want to be bothered with. Except Garage sale season is winding down in Western Pa so we may hold of a while on this idea.

# 2 T-Shirt Sale via Adoption Bug- Who doesn't need a new T-shirt right? On the right side of our blog you will find a link our Fundraiser. A Percentage of every shirt sold will be donated to our adoption fund.


Not interested in a T-shirt? Help us out by spreading the word !


Kindest Regards


Brandee & Rob

Comments

Popular Posts