Six and Sick...


If you were to ask me what my favorite Holiday is I would say without hesitation Birthdays. Other peoples birthdays that is, specifically my Kids.

A year ago today we sat at the very computer I am typing away on and sang Happy 5th Birthday to our son who was half a world away. Today this Mama was able to sing him Happy Birthday up close and personal, on the couch, on the floor, in his bed, or even in front of the toilet for today on his 6th birthday the first Birthday Celebration with us he was sick. Luckily his party isn't until Friday and hopefully he will be on the mend by then. I'm also praying that the remaining healthy ones (Rob, Sofie and Myself) will refrain from sharing in joy of this illness and manage to eek out the weekend sick free! ( Caila has become so good at being a sister she is even sharing illnesses now but she is thankfully on the mend)

Today begins a year, his sixth year. A full year where every day of it he is ours and we are his. So that next year when his birthday rolls around I can say do remember on your birthday last year when you were sick ? A year full of memories begins today.

Happy Birthday Kaden Chih- Fu we love you and are so blessed to have you as our son.

Love-

Mommy

Comments

Popular Posts