Fresh, filling, festive!

Really should have posted this on Sunday for Cinco de Mayo!

Call it chickpea salad or black bean pico I just call it yummy!

1 can Chickpeas drained
1 can black beans drained
I can of corn drained ( or fresh from the cob when the season rolls around )
1/2 red onion chopped
3 or 4 green onions chopped
3 tomatoes seeded and diced
Juice of one lime
Cilantro if you like it - I love it my grandmother has a very strong distaste for it and even though she is states away I always think of her and leave it out.

First thing I do after I drain the cans is to pour them all into a colander and give everything a great cold water rinse to get any excess salt or additives from the can off.
Then just simply mix everything in the bowl you plan on serving it in.

Drizzle evoo, balsamic and red wine vinegar. Sprinkle a little Himalayan sea salt, toss and eat!

It can be a salad on its own, or if its a day to splurge or you want to give your guests options serve with whole grain crackers or chips as a yummy more filling type of pico
Tonight I sprinkled in a little feta!

Comments

Popular Posts