Whats on your Mothers day menu?
However you Celebrate you can make healthy choices without derailing your health and fitness progress in one day!
Eating out? Pre "shop" the menu so you do not feel overwhelmed when you arrive at the restaurant. Also eat something small or Drink your Shakeology before you go to keep yourself from overeating!
Family Gathering? Be the healthy change in what may normally be a sea of not so good options. Try the recipe below.
Need more ideas or ready to start on your journey? I would love to be a part of it!
Frittata with Swiss Chard, Tomatoes, and Parmesan
(I use spinach! Use your favorite green)
Love this recipe? Sign-up for a free beachbody account and get access to lots of yummy!
Total Time: 35 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 20-25 min.
Preparation Difficulty: Medium
Yield: 8 servings
Nonstick cooking spray
10 large egg whites (1¼ cups)
6 large eggs
¾ cup nonfat milk
¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cups chopped Swiss chard
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Combine egg whites, eggs, milk, cheese, salt (if desired), pepper (if desired), and nutmeg in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
4. Add onion and chard; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Turn off heat. 5. Lightly coat sides of skillet with spray.
6. Add tomatoes and egg mixture to skillet.
7. Place skillet in oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffy and set.
Tip: You can use spinach, kale, or other favorite greens instead of the Swiss chard. You can also mix the greens for a total of 2 cups.