Weekend Treats!

Its summertime and I am stay at home/work at home mom.

So you may assume that means I make fabulous breakfast all the time. Nope not this summer.

Keeping it simple. Healthy choices, fruit, greek yogurt, whole grain breads (sometimes even gluten free) eggs and for the Mr. Mancave and little mancave the weekend bacon routine.

Prior to changing our eating habits I bought the giant box of baking mix from the big warehouse store and called that pancakes. Then slowly I started to head back to not just my healthy eating roots, but fresh, unprocessed yummy food roots. So I have dabbled with whole wheat pancakes, 1/2 & 1/2 pancakes etc.


Different books, pinterest boards and blogs keep pointing me in the direction of protein pancakes and while my particular version did not contain protein powder they are pretty protein packed and the kids got the pancake fix they have been craving and I had a protein packed breakfast with no extra sugar!

Here is my little problem, I don't follow recipes or measure much so I'll try and give you a decent recipe.


Banana Peanut butter protein pancakes-

Makes 8 -6 inch pancakes

1/2 cup almond milk
3 eggs (or egg whites)
2 tbsp. all natural PB
1 banana mashed
1/2 cup Oatmeal
1/4 ground flaxmeal

Sweeten with honey, agave nectar if you feel it necessary.




Comments

Popular Posts