One Week in a Day (or just a few hours)


Rachel Ray I am not, although I'd like to be her! And really this may last about 3 days.
Confession - Somewhere on Social Media last week a friend asked if you could do anything for one day what would it be, I would love to have my own restaurant. Crazy, but I love to cook for people, in theory, I'm always nervous that no one will like what I cook, so I don't do it very often and honestly rarely invite people over to experience my creations.

Last week was crazy, this week is setting up to be the same, ending with Halloween and then a very Frozen Birthday party for a certain 3yr old who is turning 4 even though she has promised to stay little forever.

She must have had her fingers crossed when she made that promise!


So last night this same three year old took a very, very late nap. At dinner time. Little man was playing with friends in the neighborhood, the teenager was working on homework (AP History = lots of work!).

What was a really tired mom to do?  Cook, I guess. I did not plan on it. I had somethings ready to go, Chili was in the crockpot, but nobody was ready to eat and I pretty much knew if I sat down I was not getting back up.

I set to work making the following:

Roasted Cauliflower

Homemade Sweet potato Fries

3 Baked Sweet Potatoes

Polenta - I have a very hungry growing boy on my hands trying to find different things for him to eat, not sure if this will be a winner.

Tilapia - This will turn into fish tacos tonight

Home made Spaghetti Sauce

Honestly I'm not sure how much of this will make it into a dinner this week as the growing boy may eat all of this as an afternoon snack today.

So clearly I will need to add things to what I precooked, probably salad one day, Chicken another and one night will be a past night, which will probably mean I will have a request for meatballs, but its a start right?

Sorry no pictures, my phone was not charged, but that honestly was probably why I was able to get so much done because for the few hours I was working on this i didn't touch my phone even one time!


Do you cook ahead?


~ brandee




Comments

Popular Posts