Winner Winner Chicken (well Fish) Dinner!

There are a few restaurants we go to that the only thing I order is a fish taco. They are great but generally leave me missing home and wanting to jump on a plane to get a California fish taco.

So I thought I would try and create my own. Something light, simple, the kids might it it and well yummy.

I really wanted to create one with a crunchy purple cabbabe slaw, but I needed to get the kids to try this first and I thought the color may not appeal to my picky one (I'll let you guess which of my three that may be ! ) So I went with a simple Napa Cabbage slaw (lime juice, evoo and a little red wine vinegar).  It was yummy but napa cabbage is soft and I really wanted crunch so next time I will try the purple!

Pictures and food did not happen that night, the weather was gorgeous I was running the teenager back and forth and my younger 2 were running in and out so I was all over the place while attempting to create this yummy goodness, which is par for the course for all of us right?


Here's How I started:

Cilantro Lime Fish Tacos

Tilapia Filets - Baked the night before,  The night of tacos I cut cubed and shredded it up a bit before tossing into a large pan with a drizzle of EVOO, salt and pepper to your liking.

Corn Tortillas - place them on a sheet pan in the oven at 350 for 10-15 minutes

Veggie Toppings - Chopped up fresh tomatoes, onions, peppers, plus the nappa cabbage slaw I really wanted a very fresh light flavor.

Cilantro lime Dressing  -

1/4 cup plus 1 large spoonful of greek yogurt
Juice from 1 lime minus 1 tablespoon (save the tablespoon for the cabbage slaw)
Cilantro to your taste - I used a pretty big handful from the fresh herb package I picked up at the local grocer.  If I was serving this to my grandmother I would have used quite a bit less, she makes pretty funny faces when you even mention the word Cilantro, however I love it! So be warned if I invite you over to try this, there will be a lot of Cilantro.

Salt and peper to taste.

Combine all ingredients in a blender and presto! Yummy light dressing for your fish tacos.

Now I believe the key is in the assembly, fish tacos are a little more delicate as are corn tortillas so I put a light spread of the Cilantro lime dressing in the center of the corn tortilla and build from there this way the ingredients seem to stay in place and not fall out when you take your first scrumptious bite.




Truly kid approved! The pickiest one int he house I never said one word about eating which is generally a nightly occurrence!

Hope you enjoy!


 ~ B


Comments

Popular Posts