Thank you to my Thirties....

As I sit here absent a glass of wine or good cocktail putting way to much effort into deep thoughts of this past decade. I can really sum it up in one word.


Thankful, beyond belief.

Ok that was a phrase.


Seriously though when I think back on all that changed in the past 10yrs its pretty crazy, and honestly for some of it, it was really against all odds that I made it through.

The week of My 30th birthday in 2008 also marked six months since we had buried our infant son.  On the day I turned 30? I had no goals, no plans, the dreams were buried, I was still in survival mode.  That summer I began to breathe again, dream again and really live again, and that is what brought to life the following....


The Thirty People, places or  things about my Thirties that am I most thankful for....


1.  Nursing school - someday I'll maybe think about possibly going back -
2. Bethany Christian Services
3. God and his sense of humor - which gave us .....
4. Our Son  - who brought a new sport to our life ....
5. Baseball and baseball friends who have become another amazing set of extended family....
6.   Choices and changes for work and career goals.
7. Softball - which is bringing together and amazing group of  new families  that I'm certain will become great friends.
8. Teenage daughters and her friends that filled our house with music, chaos, and laughter.
9. Graduation- which sadly took away  #8 and all the not so fun things of teenage daughters that I'll leave off this list.
10. Beachbody - Which did not bring me financial success, lol but brought me back to myself  post thirty something bedrest pregnancy, and most importantly some amazing friendships that I will hold onto for lifetime!
11. Leggings as pants for all the changes my body has seen during this decade.
12. Our Forever home! Forever as in unless we move to the beach this is where you will find me. Forever.
13. Bonfires
14.  Finally being willing to say exactly what I need and not feeling guilty about it.
15.  The beach
16. Neighbors both Old and new.
17. Sunrise Runs on the beach.
18. Late night/sunset chats on the front porch
19 . Smores
20. An old coworker that makes wine.
21. Soccer Coaches, both old and new.
22. The inventor of ice melt and snowblowers - Have you read any of my posts about our driveway?
23. Nieces and Nephews
24. Strong willed daughters (this falls into the blessing and curse category, but when they have a good head on their shoulders and decide to live in the greatest city in the world this is definitely a blessing.  When they are 7 and dont want to come or wash their hair.... thats a different story all together.
25.  The February blizzard of 2010.
26.  Our Parents for all their love and support
27.  Tiny Dogs
28. Old Friends who don't stand on ceremony   and New friends that are just the same!
29.  The ability to put on my shoes and go for a good long run with friends and family or myself and the knowledge of when I need each of those!
30.  My Amazing Husband - who has survived and held my hand through it all.

Thank you Thirties, you were pretty awesome... Forty ? You have somethings to live up to!

~ B



Comments

Popular Posts